You can also find the updated list of publications on my Google Scholar profile.
- Y. Liang, B. Chandra, K. Soga. “Shear band evolution and post-failure simulation by the extended material point method (XMPM) with localization detection and frictional self-contact.” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2022. doi: 10.1016/j.cma.2021.114530.
- S. Kularathna, W. Liang, T. Zhao, B. Chandra, J. Zhao, K. Soga. “A semi-implicit material point method based on fractional-step method for saturated soil.” Int. Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 2021. doi: 10.1002/nag.3207.
- M. Asai, L. Yi, B. Chandra, S. Takase. “Fluid-rigid body interaction simulations and validations using a coupled stabilized ISPH-DEM incorporated with the energy-tracking impulse method for multiple-body contacts.” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2021. doi: 10.1016/j.cma.2021.113681.
- B. Chandra, V. Singer, T. Teschemacher, R. Wüchner, A. Larese. “Nonconforming Dirichlet boundary conditions in Implicit Material Point Method by means of penalty augmentation.” Acta Geotechnica, 2021. doi: 10.1007/s11440-020-01123-3.
- L. Yi, M. Asai, B. Chandra, M. Isshiki. “Energy-tracking impulse method for particle-discretized rigid-body simulations with frictional contact.” Computational Particle Mechanics, 2020, doi: 10.1007/s40571-020-00326-5.
- A. Larese, I. Iaconeta, B. Chandra, V. Singer. “Implicit MPM and coupled MPM-FEM in geomechanics.” ALERT Doctoral School 2020: Point based numerical methods in geomechanics (2020), pp.153-188. (Alert Webpage, ResearchGate)
Conference Proceedings (peer-reviewed)
- V. Singer, B. Chandra, R. Wüchner, A. Larese. “A staggered coupling scheme of the Material Point Method and the Finite Element Method using Gauss Seidel communication pattern”. IX International Conference on Coupled Problems in Science and Engineering (COUPLED 2021), Jul 2021. (Scipedia)
- A. Larese, F. Salazar, R. Rossi, E. Oñate, B. Chandra, R. Wüchner. “Computational models for the simulation of extreme environmental flows.” 2nd International Conference on Natural Hazards & Infrastructure (ICONHIC 2019), June 2019. (Conference Link)
- B. Chandra, A. Larese, P. Bucher, R. Wüchner. “Coupled soil-structure interaction modeling and simulation of landslide protective structures.” VIII International Conference on Coupled Problems in Science and Engineering (COUPLED 2019), June 2019. (ResearchGate)
- B. Chandra, A. Larese, I. Iaconeta, R. Rossi, R. Wüchner. “Soil-structure interaction simulation of landslides impacting a structure using an implicit material point method.” 2nd International Conference on The Material Point Method for Modelling Soil-Water-Structure Interaction (MPM 2019), January 2019. (ResearchGate)
- M. Asai and B. Chandra. “Numerical prediction of bridge wash-out during natural disaster by using a stabilized ISPH method.” The 2016 World Congress on Advances in Civil, Environmental, and Material Research (ACEM16), August 2016. (Conference Link)
- B. Chandra, M. Asai, and T. Oya. “A study of bridge wash-out simulation during tsunami using a particle method considering frictional contact.” 16th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (ICCCBE 2016), July 2016. (ResearchGate)
- B. Chandra and M. Asai. “Verification and validation of the fluid-rigid body interaction simulation by the smoothed particle hydrodynamics method.” Proceedings of the Conference on Computational Engineering and Science Vol. 21, May 2016. (ResearchGate)
Presentations (excluding above proceedings)
- B. Chandra, S. Kularathna, K. Soga, K. Kamrin. “Improving the accuracy and efficiency of MPM in modeling fluid-soil interaction in small and large deformation geomechanics.” 5th GeoSystems Engineering Annual Research Symposium - Poster Session, November 2021.
- B. Chandra, K. Soga. “A semi-implicit material point method for simulation of fluid-soil interaction considering high-performance computing” VII International Conference on Particle-Based Methods (PARTICLES 2021), October 2021.
- B. Chandra, T. Zhao, S. Kularathna, K. Soga. “Development of high-performance multi-phase material point method for free-surface flow and saturated soil.” 4th GeoSystems Engineering Annual Research Symposium - Poster Session, November 2020.
- B. Chandra, S. Kularathna, K. Soga. “Development of fluid-soil-structure coupling framework for natural disaster simulations using particle methods.” 3rd GeoSystems Engineering Annual Research Symposium - Poster Session, November 2019.
- B. Chandra. “Natural disaster simulation by particle methods.” CIMNE Coffee Talk, May 2018. (Link)
- B. Chandra and M. Asai. “A study of bridge wash-out simulation during tsunami by using the smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH) method.” JSCE 18th International Summer Symposium, September 2016.
- B. Chandra and M. Asai. “A study of bridge wash out simulation during tsunami using the smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH) method.” International Conference for Undergraduate Research (ICUR) 2015, September 2015.